NAMI Idaho works to improve the quality of life for all those affected by mental illness through support, education, advocacy and research.
- Endorses the mission, values, and policies of NAMI National
- Develops statewide positions on issues relating to mental illness and advocate for such positions at the state level
- Assists in the coordination of local, state and national mental health advocacy efforts
- Advocates for the timely and effective delivery of services for Idaho residents affected by mental illnesses
- Promote the understanding of mental illness as a neurobiological disease
- Monitors and keeps the Affiliates informed of the activities of state agencies that relate to mental health issues.
- Assists in the formation, growth and/or development of Affiliates in Idaho.
- Supports affiliates by providing training, support, and technical assistance for the delivery of NAMI signature programs and other educational, support, and recovery programs.